Global Custom Commerce (GCC) owns and manages direct-to-consumer websites such as Blinds.com, the largest online retailer of window coverings (ranked between Nike and MTV on the Internet Retailer 500 list). GCC has received numerous awards including the prestigious "# 1 BEST PLACE TO WORK IN HOUSTON 2011
" by Houston Business Journal. GCC plans to continue growing its dominance in the window coverings industry, while also using its expertise to sell other custom products online.
Global Custom Commerce is seeking top talent to manage our bursting portfolio of new project initiatives, all aimed at creating an awesome customer experience. The successful candidate will thrive on taking charge of every aspect of managing projects and providing structure to the team.
Do you believe in working AND playing hard? Are you obsessed with personal and professional optimization? Do you dream about having a job you can't wait to get to?
If so, this might be the opportunity for you to join creative team that has been voted Best Place to Work in Houston for 2011 by the Houston Chronicle AND the Houston Business Journal.
What are the Scope of Activities?
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT and business teams.
- Assist QA team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation. Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
- Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Utilize structured SDLC process for repeatability on 100% of projects.
What Skills and Credentials Should I Possess?
- 3- 5 years of experience working with software application maintenance and development preferably with an e-commerce company.
- Extensive experience in working with users using a variety of techniques to elicit and document business requirements.
- Experience working closely with IT Project managers and development teams.
- Experience setting up test scenarios.
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations.
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive.
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio and Project.
What are the Characteristics for this Position?
- Respected as a Business Analyst.
- Influential in the organization and a team player.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
What are the Main Activities to be Carried Out?
- Gather Requirements - Interview clients, use case models, use cases (80%)
- General Administration - Manage Project Plans (20%)
Who are the Contacts for this Position?
This position will work closely with CIO, Chief Marketing Officer, Developers, SME's and Vendors.
What is the Environment?
- Work Environment: Office, laptop, occasional travel, lots of cake!
- Possible Work Hazards: Lifting heavy process documents
- Physical Demands: Ability to consume large quantities of caffeine at afternoon coffee break with team
What are the Benefits?
Employees of GCC are eligible for health & dental insurance, Section 125 plan, life/AD&D/long-term disability insurance, FSA plan, 401k plan, fitness program, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. We are located in Houston, Texas off Richmond Avenue & Beltway 8.
I'm Interested! What do I do?
We want to meet you! Submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Extreme@GlobalCustomCommerce.com for immediate consideration. To learn more about our culture, watch the company dance-off, lip dub or just tool around on the Web site a bit.
GCC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. EEOE.
Back to Careers.