Global Custom Commerce (GCC) is an uber-fast growing E-Commerce company with a great culture and fun atmosphere. We own and manage direct-to-consumer websites such as Blinds.com, the largest online retailer of window coverings (ranked between Nike and MTV on the Internet Retailer 500 list). Our team is seeking a talented QA Analyst to help test our web sites and "Autobahn" - our new E-Commerce platform. Do you believe in working AND playing hard? Are you obsessed with personal and professional optimization? Do you dream about having a job you can't wait to get to? If so, this might be the opportunity for you to join the creative team that has been voted Best Place to Work in Houston for 2011 by the Houston Chronicle AND the Houston Business Journal.
Global Custom Commerce is seeking top talent to test and automate all the cool features we want to build into our bursting portfolio of new project initiatives, all aimed at creating an awesome customer experience. The successful candidate will thrive on learning everything about our business by working closely with each department and he details, and testing the sites to make sure we're meeting those requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes project requirements and develops test plans, test cases and other testing documentation.
- Identifies functionality that can most benefit from test automation and helps implement its automation.
- Executes test cases.
- Determines correct level of regression testing based on planned changes.
- Works with the team to maximize quality of deliveries before they are submitted to UAT.
- Contributes towards initiatives that improve the consistency and quality of our products.
- Ensures testing processes minimize production errors.
- Participates in reviews at all phases of the software development cycle
- Develop test cases and execution for 50% of the time
- Develop Automated tests for 50% of the time
- 3-5 years of QuickTest Pro experience in web environment
- Agile software development approaches.
- Hands-on experience in testing complex business applications and understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of requirements based testing.
- Experience setting up test scenarios.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations.
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure.
- Respected as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Influential in the organization and a team player.
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
Office/home, casual, agile, laptop, occasional travel, lots of cake. Possible Work Hazards are conflicts with Joe. Physical Demands are the ability to consume large quantities of caffeine at coffee breaks with team.
Send resume to JoinTheRide@Blinds.com.
Back to careers