Can I modify my existing Bali blinds so that they unroll from the front of the roll rather than from the back? – Sue N.
This can be done, but please be aware that if your roller or solar shade fabric is not identical on both sides, the colors will be reversed. The method we’ll show you is also only for shades without a valance or cassette.
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Remove the shade from its brackets.
2. Remove the plug from one end of the roll, and the plug with the chain attached from the other end.
You may need pliers to pull the plug out or a flathead screwdriver to pry it away from the tube.
If you have a cordless shade, you will have a plug with a round peg on one side and a flat peg on the other.
3. Re-insert the plugs in the opposite ends. Be sure to align the keyed edges with the notches into the roll.
Tap the plugs in until they are completely flush.
5. Reinsert the shade into the brackets.
– Blinds.com Customer Service Specialist Rebecca Page
Have More Questions?
Send them to us on Twitter @BlindsDotCom or if you’d like designer help directly from Rebecca, you can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.