SAVE ON KID-SAFE PRODUCTS
Anyone with kids and pets knows that if there’s something dangerous in the house, our little ones will find a way to… well, find it. Unfortunately, window cords that are accessible to small children can quickly turn from playthings to choking hazards. There have been over 500 reports of harmful or fatal injuries involving corded window blinds and shades in the last few decades.
For more information, visit:
More Window Safety Tips
Learn how to childproof blinds and shades with these simple tips.
- Only use window coverings without accessible cords like draperies, planation shutters, cordless cellular shades and cordless roller shades.
- Replace any blinds or shades manufactured before 2001 with modern, safer products.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows.
- Keep all blind and shade cords out of a child’s reach by wrapping them up with cord cleats/
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are short and continuous loop cords are anchored to the wall or floor.
- Lock cords into position whenever blinds are lowered, including when they rest on a windowsill.