It’s time to pull out the patio furniture for lazy days of lemonade sipping and relaxing. Are your pillows looking a little lackluster after being crammed in the garage all winter? Make pretty pillow covers in just a few minutes with this tutorial from Melissa at The Happier Homemaker.
DIY Pillow Covers from The Happier Homemaker
With some decorative pillows running at $80-$100, this project is truly a godsend. Read on for step-by step instructions.
About a Yard of Fabric – Melissa used a shower curtain that’ll be more durable outdoors.
An Old Pillow
What to Do
1. Cut fabric to the exact width of your pillow and 2.5 times the length of your pillow.
e.g. Melissa’s pillow is 17 x 17 and she cut her fabric to 17 x 42.
2. Hem both short ends of your fabric 1/4 ” – 1/2″ with a straight seam.
3. Fold both ends of the fabric into the middle so that the fabric measures 1″ less than the height of the pillow. The wrong side of the fabric should be facing out.
4. Sew up the two open sides with straight seams.
5. Using the overlap opening, turn the pillow cover inside out.
6. Stuff your pillow inside through both overlapping layers, and you’re done!
See Melissa’s pillows in action in her Outdoor Decor Refresh. Spend some time at The Happier Homemaker for even more home decorating projects, including her beautiful Bathroom Makeover with roman shades from Blinds.com.
Get Creative with More Crafty at Home Projects:
Create stylin’ t-shirts and tote bags with the vintage kid’s toy.
Use up crayon nubs to create pretty stained glass-like decor for your windows.