Adding holiday spirit to a home doesn’t have to be complicated! These DIY Frosted Snowflakes are fun to make and sure to delight your holiday visitors. Read on for easy instructions!!
Supplies you need:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wax Paper
How to make your own frosted snowflakes:
1. Tape your wax paper to your work space (to avoid slipping) and place your stencil underneath.
2. Heat up your hot glue gun and start tracing your patterns. We recommend you work from the inside out in order to provide a strong base to work from.
3. Let dry for about 10 minutes (they will turn frosted).
4. Gently remove from the wax paper and place a small dot of hot glue on the back center of the snowflake.
5. Wait a few seconds and press the center to a window.
The less you waited to press them to the glass the more it will take to tug them off. Because the glue is in the center of the shape you can simply slide a fingernail under the edge and it will pop right off. In order to re-position you simply press in the new location for a few seconds. These will leave no residue or damage to the window.
Rather than adhering to a window these can easily be hung from the ceiling to provide atmosphere and if you want a little more life in them you can add a coat of glitter as the glue dries.
Love this idea? Be sure to check out our other DIY window decals for kids tutorial here.
For more crafty ideas check out our crafty at home page or our crafty creativity pinterest board.
Follow BlindsDotCom’s board Crafty creativity on Pinterest.