Show your windows some love with this crazy easy DIY Valentine’s Day decor project. They’ll be sure to add some color to your room and will make passers-by smile.
These bohemian-inspired hanging strands are the perfect way to turn leftover craft supplies into something adorable! Just gather up anything pink and red you have on hand, and string them together to create this fun window art.
Pom Poms (we made our yarn pom poms with this method)
Heart Shapes (foam or felt)
Butterflies (find these in the floral section of the craft store)
How to Make a Bohemian Window Hanging
1. Cut twine to window height
2. Use needle to thread on pom poms and heart shapes. Put about 8-10 items on each strand. Repeat to make enough strands to cover window.
3. Tape strands above window opening.
4. Trim flower stems and tie onto strands with a small piece of baker’s twine.
5. Tie on fabric strips
6. Clip or tie on butterflies. You can also use decorative birds found in the floral section of the craft store.
7. Adjust items so they’re spaced randomly across the window.
This project also works well as a wall hanging.