It’s that time of year, and Pantone has announced their Color of the Year for 2018 – Ultra Violet.
Find out what we think and how you can bring all of the 2018 colors of the year to your windows.
This Purple is No Shrinking Violet
Pantone’s announcement was received with mixed reviews, but as with many of their other color proclamations, it grows on you after the initial shock has worn off. Since the release, we’ve seen several coworkers around the Blinds.com office wearing Ultra Violet, and proclaiming that it’s their favorite color, so we’re more convinced that people are going to embrace it.
Although it certainly seems that Ultra Violet will be more successful in fashion than home decor, we can see it working in boho spaces or a colorful Mexico City inspired look.
It’s important to use Ultra Violet in relatively small doses to keep your room from looking like a 7 year old girl decorated it. Painting furniture in this hue is the perfect way to add some modernity to historical spaces. Bringing in stone pieces in this color feels natural rahter than the manufactured day glo look of some other accessoires.
Here are some more interiors where Ultra Violet feels right:
Today we’re sharing window covering options in Pantone’s Ultra Violet, PLUS all the other 2018 colors of the year from top paint companies like Behr, Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams.
Pantone: Ultra Violet
Embrace the softer side of Ultra Violet for your windows with lavenders, mauves and plums.
1. Premier Roman Shades in Norwich Violet | 2. Economy Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Amethyst | 3. Premium Flat Sheer Shades in Brio Currant | 4. Premier Roman Shades in Festival Royal | 5. Bali 1″ Lightblocker Mini Blinds in Lavender Lace | 6. Economy Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Plum Berry | 7. Blackout Roller Shades in Carousel Larkspur | 8. Premier Decorative Roller Shades in Linen Opaque Orchid | 9. Blackout Cellular Shades in Larkspur
Sherwin Williams: Oceanside
This deep teal makes a bold statement, but is easy to style. Try it in a linen-textured solid, or large scale print.
1. Premier Roman Shades in Summer Breeze Teal/Citrus | 2. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Brisbane Marina | 3. Fabric Vertical Blinds in London Teal | 4. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Gent Empire | 5. Premier Roman Shades in Malaga Navy/Beige | 6. Premier Decorative Roller Shades in Portland Emerald
PPG Paints: Black Flame / Glidden: Deep Onyx / Olympic: Black Magic
PPG, Glidden and Olympic all deemed 2018 they year of moody, soft black hues. Give your room some drama with dark walls and windows. Both Black Flame and Deep Onyx are more toned down dark grey and are accessible if jet black isn’t right for you.
1. Solar Shades in Monterrey 5% Night Sky | 2. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Medan Obsidian | 3. Premium Natural Blackout Roller Shades in Cascade Graphite | 4. Premium Wood Shutters in Midnight | 5. Bali Diamond Blackout Cellular Shades in NL Charcoal | 6.Premium Natural Blackout Roller Shades in Lagoon Onyx | 7. Blackout Roller Shades in Filigree Onyx | 8. 2″ Deluxe Wood Blinds in Black | 9. Flat Sheer Shades in Brio Carbon | 10. Bali Pleated Shades in Motif Saloon | 11. Premier Roman Shades in Taos Black/Grey
Behr: In The Moment
Behr’s soft seafoam color of the year might be our favorite. It pairs well with warm wood accessories and adds warmth to light, bright spaces.
We love how it looks in Design Love Fest’s entryway makeover. Try injecting it in your home with modern cellular shades or soft roman shades.
1. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Camelot Mist | 2. Premier Roman Shades in Bombay Meadow | 3. Premier Decorative Roller Shades in Blossom Mint | 4. Premium Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Jade Blue | 5. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Dew Drop | 6. Bali Pleated Shades in Melody Wishing Well | 7. Premier Roman Shades in Milan Mint | 8. Levolor Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Aqua | 9. Bali Casual Classics Roman Shades in Satin Stripe Light Blue | 10. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Venice Grand Canal
Benjamin Moore: Caliente
Based on Benjamin Moore’s assertion, red is coming back into the spotlight in 2018. Give your room some passion and drama with rich textiles in a deep crimson.
1. Premier Roman Shades in Santa Fe Vermillion | 2. Premium 2″ Pleated Shades in Botanica Vintage Copper | 3. Bali Light Filtering Roller Shades in Shoreline Torch | 4. Levolor Perceptions Sheer Vertical Shades in Translucence Sangria | 5. Economy Light Filtering Cellular Shades | 6. Premier Roman Shades in Aspen Cinnabar | 7. Premium Blackout Cellular Shades in Terra Rosa | 8. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Brisbane Red Pepper | 9. Blackout Cellular Shades in Hibiscus | 10. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Floral Garnet | 11. Premier Roman Shades in Villa Garnet | 12. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Aztec Burnt Sun
Dulux: Heart Wood
Millennial pink was the darling of 2017, and this dusty mauve isn’t done yet. In a soft, more neutral toned shade, this color doesn’t scream princess bedroom. Cover windows in pink and paint the walls to match for a modern monochrome look.
1. Fabric Vertical Blinds in London Peach | 2. Levolor Accordia Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Cherry Blossom | 3. Premier Roman Shades in Festival Tea Rose | 4. Bali Custom Tailored Roman Shades in Ludlow Powder | 5. Blackout Roller Shades in Linen Sorbet Mango | 6. Light Filtering Celluar Shades in Rose
Dutch Boy: Sandstone Tint
Although stark white has reigned supreme for many years, homeowners are longing to bring a little warmth back in with cream. This barely-there neutral hue will add coziness and bounce light in darker spaces.
1. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Silkara Marble | 2. 1″ Mini Blinds in Almost Gloss White | 3. Premium Light Filtering Honeycomb Shades in Candlelight | 4. Blinds.com Solar Roller Shades in Monterey 5% Granite | 5. Blinds.com 2″ Deluxe Wood Blinds | 6. Light Filtering Cellular Shades in Tamarind | 7. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Hexi Platinum | 8. Radiance Light Filtering Sheer Shades in Shantung 2″ Flint | 9. Premium Roman Shades and Easy Drapes in Gent Ivory
Which Color of the Year Do You Love?
Comment on our latest Instagram post to tell us which Color of the Year you'll be trying this year!