Top 5: Ways to Increase Your Home's Resale Value
| 31 Oct 2008 |
Selling your home right now is no easy task, but here are the
best things you can do for your windows to make sure your home is as good as
- In high traffic rooms like living rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms, replace your blinds more often. New blinds instantly make a room appear brighter and more polished.
- Install insulating window treatments, like cell shades and shutters in rooms where you spend a lot of time, like living rooms. When potential buyers feel the heat or cold filtering through the windows of their potential home, they’re instantly concerned about energy costs.
- Dress up your home by installing shutters. Shutters are considered extremely durable as well as stylish, and will show buyers that your home is well-maintained.
- Hang beautiful, neutral-colored draperies. Sheer and silk draperies are considered by many interior designers to be the most chic and versatile. Hang these in rooms that might look plain or bare for instant appeal.
- Replace any blinds with broken or missing slats, blinds and shades that no longer operate correctly, or have noticeable tears or dings. Always keep your window treatments free of dust. In fact, I love this mini-blind cleaner from Ace Hardware. It’s machine washable, and cleans six slats at once. Plus, it’s a paltry $5.99. Worth the investment, I’d say.
Tell me what you’ve done to increase your home’s resale value. I’d love to know…