Outdoor Patio Shades Features
Shades aren’t just for inside your home. Patio shades are a great addition to any outdoor space and provide excellent heat reduction as well as block UV rays and sunlight. These shades are also designed to not block daytime views, allowing you to enjoy your patio without any obstruction.
Durable and moisture-resistant, patio shades are solar shades built to withstand the outdoors. Whether you need them for your backyard patio, beachfront porch, or mountain cabin deck, outdoor shades can help you cut energy costs without sacrificing your view.
Exterior Shades | Everything You Should Know
Outdoor Patio Shades Upgrades
Interested in upgrading your patio shades? Consider these optional features for further customization:
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: Secure the cords of your outdoor shades to a wall or frame and help hide them from view.
- Cordless: Remove the need for cords altogether and go for a cordless lift option.
- Motorized: Raise and lower your shades with the touch of a button. Depending on the application, motorization ranges from plug-in to rechargeable and solar powered.
Outdoor Patio Shades Considerations
- Outdoor shades can be installed not just in windows, but also gaps between posts on a deck, porch, or balcony.
- Built to withstand the elements, these shades resist mold, mildew, and fading from continuous exposure to the sun.
Outdoor shades are similar to indoor roller shades but are instead made of PVC or HDPE material, creating a mesh-like material that blocks glare and heat, but still allows a partial view through. They have a sturdier destruction to withstand the elements making them resistant to warping, humidity and mold.
Yes, the level of privacy will depend on the openness rating of the fabric you choose.
Technically, yes, they are made with outdoor rated hardware and can handle the elements. However, they cannot block rain blowing sideways to keep people dry on a patio. That being said, they should be rolled up during extreme weather conditions.