Cellular Shades (Honeycomb Shades)
Soft yet durable, stylish yet functional, cellular shades are the most popular of all window coverings.
In addition to looking beautiful, cellular shades (also known as honeycomb shades) can save you money on your energy costs.
- Energy SavingsPoorExcellent
- Installation EffortHardEasy
Why choose cellular shades for your home?
Cellular shades, also known as honeycomb shades or cell shades, are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Great style on a budget is quite easy with cellular shades. They bring an elegant finish to a room at an affordable price.
- They can actually save you money! Cellular shades insulate your home against heat and cold, meaning less money will be spent on energy.
- You can get optimal light control; simply choose from light filtering or blackout fabrics to suit your needs.
What kind of features are available with cellular shades?
Custom window coverings can be upgraded in more ways than just color and style. Here are just a few options that are available with cellular shades:
- Top-Down/Bottom-Up Controls: A very popular option that allows your cellular shades to be raised and lowered in either direction to allow for privacy similar to that of a cafe curtain.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your cellular shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: This option means the cords on your cellular shades will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer cords on display. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your cellular shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.