Roman shades are some of the most classic and popular window treatments. Choose from a wide assortment of designer fabrics and patterns to match your décor. Customize your shades with light blocking or blackout liners for maximum light control in any room.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Roman shades, sometime referred to as Roman blinds, offer a unique solution for those looking for a blend between a curtain and a shade. Roman shades are made of fabric but built for precise light control to function like a shade.
Because they are made of fabric, Roman blinds can be customized to fit with any décor for most rooms. Options for patterns range from more simplistic stripes or solids up to more elaborate floral and decorative choices.
Why Choose Roman Shades?
View our Roman Shades Buying Guide
Roman shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Style: Roman shades come in a wide assortment of colors, styles, patterns, and fabrics allowing you to pick the perfect shade to match the décor of your room.
- Functionality: A big win for those who want the beauty of drapes but don’t want to sacrifice function. Roman blinds are easy to hang and operate while keeping with the drapery aesthetic.
- Light Control: Roman shades offer a wide variety of light control options. Precise controls allow you to adjust to your desired height throughout the day. Additionally, they are available in both light filtering and blackout to further control light or block it completely.
Roman shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your Roman shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your Roman blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your Roman shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
- Hobbled Fold: In addition to the standard plain flat fold, you can choose to upgrade to a hobbled fold on many roman shades. When the shade is fully extended, it will retain the soft folds or "loops" of fabric for a more traditional look.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper to accent your shades. Some Roman blinds feature fabric-wrapped wooden headrails at the top of the shade, or decorative trim at the bottom.
- Top Down / Bottom Up Lift: This upgrade allows you to raise your shades from the bottom or lower from the top. A great option, if you’d like to let in natural light while maintaining some privacy.
- Liners: Privacy liners can be added to give you more nighttime privacy or block light during the day. Liners also protect your Roman shades from sun damage.
While Roman shades are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Roman blinds have a tall stack when fully raised, which can obstruct part of the view even when lifted up.
- The mechanisms and folds require a certain minimum window depth to hang properly; be sure to check depth requirements if you are planning an inside mount.
- Roman shades are made from fabric, and therefore not ideal in areas of high moisture such as a bathroom. If looking to cover windows in such a room, we have some great alternatives in our Bathroom Window Treatments Guide.
Measuring and Installing Roman Blinds
Our Roman shades are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Roman shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!