Architectural Blackout Roller Shade
Architectural Blackout Roller Shade
10% off Blinds.com products with $199 minimum purchase - use Summer at checkout. Sale ends 8/2.
Our Architectural Blackout Roller Shades make a bold statement in your windows while blocking out nearly all light. This collection consists hand-selected fabrics influenced by worldwide design trends and offers a mix of tailored textures, classic prints and whimsical patterns—options that once were available only to designers.Read More.
- SureFit™ Guaranteed to Fit!
- Normally made in 7 business days
- Measure Instructions and Specifications
Our Architectural Blackout Roller Shades make a bold statement in your windows while blocking out nearly all light. This collection consists of hand-selected fabrics influenced by worldwide design trends and offers a mix of tailored textures, classic prints and whimsical patterns—options that once were available only to designers.
Unlike their light filtering counterparts, Architectural Blackout Roller shades give you total light blockage and are a great choice for rooms that need total darkness, such as bedrooms, nurseries and media rooms. They’re the perfect answer for getting versatile, designer-looking windows at an affordable price.
Install Time: 15 minutes
A cassette valance is an integrated valance system that features a stylish, curved face that houses the material within the casing. Cassettes offer a clean presentation when shades are lifted.
The EZ Cordless Cassette, which eliminates the hassle and potential hazards associated with cord entanglement, or the motorized lift for remote control operation.
Choose a reverse roll if you’d like your shades to roll from the front rather than from the back. This is a great option for windows that have protruding cranks or handles.
- Some fabrics feature a white-to-the-street backing, while others feature the same color or pattern on both sides of the shade. Consult the list below to see the color of the backside of these colors/patterns.
Fabric Name | Maximum Shade Width | Color on Backside
Daisy | 98" | White
Dot Matrix | 98" | White
Encore | 78" | White
Harlequin | 98" | White
Morro Blackout | 78" | White
Odyssey | 78" | Same as Front
Portofino | 78" | White
Promontory Blackout | 98" | Same as Front
Seapearl | 78" | Same as Front
Streamers | 98" | White
Suede | 78" | Same as Front
Zen | 78" | White
This product can be made safer for places where children and pets may be present, with the selection of the Cordless or Motorized upgrade. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible, and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present.
With the assurance of the Blinds.com Warranty, you can trust that this product will last and provide added value and beauty to your home.
With SureFit, a Blinds.com exclusive, we make sure you have complete peace of mind when measuring for any product we offer.
If you made a mistake measuring your blind, we'll remake it at no cost to you. You don't even pay for the return shipping of your old blind! You only pay if there's a difference in price between your old and new blind, or if the new blind requires a shipping fee (generally, this applies when it's over 94" wide).
Limit 4 blind remakes per household, (unless the error is ours, in which case, we'll make it right!). Same-product exchanges only, within 30 calendar days of receipt of package. New blind must be the same product as the old blind and changes are restricted to only size and mount. Commercial orders do not qualify.
Standard Blind Specifications:
- Minimum Width: 18"
- Minimum Width EZ Cordless Lift: 20"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Maximum Width EZ Cordless Lift: 70"
- Minimum Height: 20"
- Maximum Height: 96"
- Maximum Height EZ Cordless Lift: 86"
- Approx. Inside Mount Deduction on material: 1 1/8"
- Approx. Outside Mount Deduction on material: 1 1/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth without Cassette: 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth for EZ Cordless Lift: 1"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth with Cassette: 1 7/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth Chain without Cassette (fully recessed): 2 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth with Cassette (fully recessed): 3 1/4
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2 3/8"
Origin of Production
- Made In: China