30% OFF WITH CODE "FALLRENO" ENDS 9/29
Select a color to see the preview
Sample orders are limited at this time and should be available for this product soon!
5% Open Colors
Exclusive Print Collections – White Backing – 5% Open - Adds 3 Production Days
5% Open Solids with White Backing - Adds 3 Production Days
Stay by Stacy Garcia Collection – 5% Openness - Adds 3 Production Days
1% Open Colors
3% Open Colors
4% Open Colors
7% Open Colors
14% Open Colors
Our Solar Shades are perfect for preserving your beautiful view, while reducing glare and incoming heat, as well as protecting your furnishings from UV rays. Great for windows that receive direct sunlight at certain times of the day. Available in a wide assortment of materials and colors that include sleek modern fabrics, textured textiles and tailored wovens. The Openness Factor is expressed as a percentage on each collection (ranging from 1% to 14%), and indicates the quantity of light that the shade will let in. Fabrics with a higher Openness Factor will let in more light and provide a clearer view, but also provide less privacy. Choose from 3 different operating systems: Continuous Cord Loop, or Cordless. Select a Reverse Roll to clear obstructions such as window cranks and handles.
Install Time: 12 - 15 minutes
Lift options include a beaded chain, which is great for lifting heavier or larger-scale shades; a spring tension roller (cordless), a hassle-free option that eliminates the possibility of cord entanglement.
Consider ordering a valance for the top of your shade. Valances add a finishing touch to your window treatment and elevate the look of your room.
For inside mounts, you can avoid light gaps on the sides of the inside mounted shades by ordering Light Gap Blockers. Light Gap Blockers are a window-frame-mounted add-on, which eliminates the light gaps on the sides of the shade. These Light Gap Blockers have a sticky backing which allows you to apply them to your window easily.
At night, solar shades will allow visibility into the room from outside. For more privacy and maximum light control, consider one of our blackout roller shades.
Inside-mounted roller shades will have an approximate 1" vertical "light gap" between the edge of the fabric and the window casing on the cord-loop side and a 5/8" light gap on the other side. This is because the fabric must be cut narrower than the operating mechanisms at the top. To eliminate this light gap, consider an outside mount.
Child Safety Information
This product can be made safer for places where children and pets may be present, with the selection of the Cordless or Motorized upgrade. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible, and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present.
With the assurance of the Blinds.com Warranty, you can trust that this product will last and provide added value and beauty to your home.
This product complies with CPSC child safety guidelines. If you have children in your home on a regular basis, CPSC recommends the use of cordless window coverings.
With SureFit™, a Blinds.com exclusive, we make sure you have complete peace measuring for any product we offer. If you made a mistake measuring your blind, we'll remake it at no cost to you. * You don't even pay for the return shipping of your old blind!
*You only pay if there's a price difference between your old and new blind, or if the new blind requires a shipping fee (generally, this applies when it's over 94" wide).Important Disclaimer:
- Limit 1 remake per item; 4 item remakes per household per lifetime (unless the error is ours, in which case, we'll make it right!).
- Same-product exchanges only, within 30 calendar days of receipt of package.
- Changes are restricted to size and mount only.
- Refunds are not offered under this guarantee.
- Commercial orders: any order containing 25 or more of the same product, of tax exempt status, or containing any Blinds.com Commercial brand product.
- Any product ordered outside our recommended sizes or specifications, which can be found on the product page.
Cord Loop Specifications
- Minimum Width: 14"
- Maximum Width: 126"
- Minimum Height: 20"
- Maximum Height: 144"
- Approximate Light Gap: 1/2" to 3/4" per side
- Geared Clutch required over 56 square feet
Cordless Lift Specifications
- Minimum Width: 20"
- Maximum Width: 78"
- Minimum Height: 18"
- Maximum Height: 78"
- Approximate Light Gap: 3/8"- 1/2" per side
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth ( fully recessed ): 2 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (Cassette): 1 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed Cassette): 4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface (Cassette): 2 7/8"
- Reverse Roll
Origin of Production
- Assembled in the USA from imported materials