Faux Wood Blinds
Faux wood blinds provide a similar high-end style to wood blinds but at a reduced cost, allowing you customize and match décor for any room without breaking the bank. They are available in a wide range of colors, along with options for a realistic woodgrain appearance with genuine stains and wood texture. The variety of slat sizes also allow you match any size window and offer excellent light and privacy control.
Unlike their real wood counterparts, faux wood blinds can withstand temperature changes and moisture without warping or fading. Their PVC construction allows them to a more durable option in these areas, making them ideal for kitchens or bathrooms. They are also much easier to clean, simply wipe down with soap and water.
Why Choose Faux Wood Blinds?
Faux wood blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Durable: Faux wood blinds are incredibly durable and more resistant to scratches and minor damage than real wood blinds.
- Moisture Resistant: The PVC materials used in faux wood blinds allows them to withstand humidity and moisture without warping or fading.
- Cost Effective: Wood blinds can get pricey and faux wood blinds have options that are a more cost-effective. While they can’t match every option available to real wood, there are still many options to get a similar or matching look.
Faux wood blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular upgrade allows you to operate your faux wood blinds with a hidden control system. No visible cords and easy operation; raise and lower the blinds with the push of a button!
- Rounded Corners: A subtle upgrade, choosing to round the corners of the blinds slats makes the edges look more finished.
- Routeless: Routeless blinds means the slats will not have visible holes for the cords to pass through. That means more light blockage and privacy. However, this is not an ideal upgrade for outside mount faux wood blinds.
- Cloth Tapes: A range of different fabric styles are available to add a stylish flair to your faux wood blinds. These cloth tapes can also be used to cover route holes for added privacy and light blockage.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper that accents the blinds for an extra touch.
While faux wood blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Faux wood blinds are heavier than wooden blinds and may not be the best choice for larger windows, as they can be more difficult to install and operate.
- While they have a similar appearance to wood blinds, faux woods are not an exact replica. There are many options available to get a similar appearance, along with embossed slats to get a more realistic wood grain appearance. If style and material are a top priority, consider ordering free samples to see and feel for yourself.
- Faux wood blinds protect from sunlight and heat during the summer, but are not the most energy-efficient during the winter. If you’re looking to save on your energy bill during the winter, check out some of our insulating window treatments.
Measuring and Installing Faux Wood Blinds
Our faux wood blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for faux wood blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!