Outdoor & Patio Shades
Outdoor shades offer insulation for your home and reduce heat transfer through your windows. Outdoor and patio shades block UV rays and sunlight, but won't obstruct your daytime view.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Outdoor shades, also known as outdoor roller shades, outdoor blinds, or patio blinds and shades, are the go-to choice for exterior roller shades to help block ultraviolet (UV) rays and control incoming sunlight. Naturally, these outdoor blinds are ideal for exterior spaces like patios, gazebos, porches, and balconies just to name a few.
The ability to block sun and UV rays in outdoor areas makes them much more enjoyable, especially in the summer. Even better, patio blinds do not block your view so you can still enjoy the outdoors while enjoying the protection afforded by exterior roller shades. Outdoor shades’ benefits also extend to the inside of your home. Depending on the positioning, they can cut down on incoming sunlight to help control interior temperature, as well as protect furniture from damage by UV rays.
Why Choose Outdoor Patio Shades?
Outdoor shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Glare Protection: Outdoor shades significantly reduce glare from the sun and are ideal choices in media rooms and home theaters, or anywhere you spend time watching TV if they are mounted outside of windows in these rooms.
- UV Blocking: patio roller shades help to block harmful UV rays, protecting furniture and helping to cut down on heat buildup.
- Keep Your View: exterior shades block rays but don’t obstruct your view, allowing you to see outside.
Outdoor shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your exterior shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your outdoor blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: This option lets you raise or lower your patio shades at the touch of a button, it’s ideal for hard-to-reach windows, and households with children and pets, for media rooms and bedrooms.
- Opacity: This option allows you to choose how much light the outdoor roller shades let into a room. Choose from light filtering materials with various percentages of light blocking, ideal in bedrooms and movie rooms.
Patio shades are a great option for window coverings, but there are a couple other benefits and ideas to consider:
- Outdoor shades can be installed not just in windows, but also gaps between posts on a deck, porch, or balcony and provide protection, even if there is no window to cover.
- Built to withstand the elements, these shades resist mold, mildew, and fading from continuous exposure to the sun.
Measuring and Installing Outdoor Patio Shades
Our outdoor blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for patio shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!