Vertical Cellular Shades
Vertical cellular shades are a great choice for insulating and blocking light from sliding doors. Coordinating colors are available with your horizontal cell shades so you can easily match your other windows and doors.
Vertical Cellular Shades
Vertical cellular shades, also referred to as vertical honeycomb shades or blinds, are similar to some our most popular window treatments, cellular shades, but with vertical pleats. This means you can bring a lot of the same benefits of horizontal honeycomb shades to floor-to-ceiling windows or patio and sliding doors.
When you choose a light filtering fabric, Vertical cellular blinds are excellent for diffusing light throughout the room, or choose a blackout fabric for complete light control. They also work as excellent insulators, just like horizontal honeycomb shades, by helping to maintain the temperature of the room in both summer and winter. Lastly, because they are still cellular shades, you can outfit your sliding doors or large windows with a matching solution to other horizontal cellular shades on smaller windows.
Why Choose Vertical Cellular Shades?
Vertical cellular shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Coordinating: Vertical cellular blinds are a great modern décor choice that matches horizontal honeycomb shades that may be installed elsewhere.
- Insulating: The design of vertical honeycomb shades means they are a great choice as insulating window treatments. Cell shades insulate well against both the heat and the cold.
- Light Filtering: Great for diffusing or blocking light entirely, you can order vertical honeycomb shades in a range of light filtering options to blackout.
Vertical cellular shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Stack Placement: Choose how you want to close your vertical cellular blinds; you can do either side, split down the center (split stack) and pull to both sides or close to the center (center stack).
While vertical cellular shades are a great option for large window and patio door coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Vertical Cellular shades do not have tilting slats to allow for light adjustment, which limits the flexibility of available light control.
- Vertical Honeycomb shades can absorb moisture and odors, so they aren’t recommended for areas such as a kitchen or bathroom. They can still be a viable choice but consider where they will be installed and ensure there is sufficient distance from showers, sinks, and stoves.
Measuring and Installing Vertical Cellular Shades
Our vertical cellular shades are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for vertical cellular blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!