Bamboo Shades (Woven Wood Shades)
Woven wood shades - or bamboo shades - bring natural beauty into any home. No two woven wood shades are ever the same, so enjoy unique, natural beauty with privacy and light control.
Bamboo shades, also known as woven wood shades or matchstick blinds, bring a touch of natural beauty into your home to uniquely accent your décor. Bamboo blinds are created with renewable resources, and because they use natural materials no two shades are ever the same.
Woven wood shades are great for light control and privacy while still allowing natural light to enter a room if you want. Even better, they can be upgraded to filter and diffuse light throughout the room, or block it entirely with a blackout liner. Light diffusion options are great for common spaces such as a living or dining room, while the blackout options excel in bedrooms or home theaters.
Why Choose Bamboo Shades?
Woven wood shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Natural: Bamboo blinds enhance any room with natural beauty with pulled from nature to compliment any décor. Their natural materials mean no two shades will ever look exactly the same.
- Light Control: Matchstick blinds offer a wide variety of light control options and upgrades. On their own, bamboo shades provide privacy and light control, and the addition of a light filtering or blackout liner offer even more.
Bamboo shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your woven wood shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Top-Down / Bottom-Up: A very popular option that allows your bamboo or woven wood shades to be raised and lowered in either direction to allow for customized light control and privacy.
- Continuous Cord Loop: With this option, the cords on your bamboo blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your matchstick blinds can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
- Liners: Choose from blackout or light-filtering liners to get the perfect light control for your bamboo shades.
While bamboo blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Woven wood shades can be harder to clean if they get dirty beyond usual dusting.
- The natural materials of matchstick blinds may be prone to color change with the sun. A good way to counter this is to add a liner to your shades
- Bamboo shades can potentially warp with lots of humidity, especially in areas like a bathroom. The are still a viable choice in these areas if installed further from water sources like a bathtub or sink.
Measuring and Installing Bamboo Shades
Our bamboo shades are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Bamboo blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!