Solar Shades Features
Solar shades block UV rays and sunlight while maintaining a view outside. These shades cut down on glare, making them ideal for media rooms where light control is critical.
Solar shades provide excellent light control, and can preserve your view outside even when drawn closed. They’re perfect for any sun-facing rooms where light-control is desired, like nurseries.
In addition to light control, solar shades also offer protection from ultraviolet – or UV – light. These shades can diffuse light and protect your furniture from sun damage, and even help to cut down on heat – perfect for summertime or areas where heat is common all year long. Solar shades can also help to reduce energy bills by keeping your home cooler in the summer.
Solar Shades Upgrades
Interested in upgrading your solar shades? Consider these optional features for further customization:
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your solar shades and enables them to be easily raised or lowered with a touch of a finger.
- Opacity: This option lets you choose the amount of light you want to enter your room. Choose from sheer, blackout, or light filtering solar shades to have better control on light and privacy.
- Continuous Cord Loop Control: This option allows the cords on your solar shades to be secured to wall or window frame. A great choice for larger/heavier blinds.
- Motorization: This option lets you raise or lower your solar shades at the touch of a button, it’s ideal for hard-to-reach windows, and households with children and pets, for media rooms and bedrooms.
Solar Shades Considerations
- Inside mount solar shades must meet the minimum depth requirement to mount the mechanism. As a result, you may experience light gaps with an inside mount. Consider an outside mount or light blockers for complete coverage.
- Light-filtering fabrics may still show subtle shadows or silhouettes from the outside. Choose a blackout fabric for increased privacy.