Solar shades block UV rays and sunlight while still maintaining your view outside. These shades cut down on glare, making them ideal for media rooms where light control is critical.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Indoor solar shades are ideal window treatments in rooms where you want to reduce glare and ultraviolet (UV) rays. Solar shades are designed to cut down on harmful sun rays while still maintain your view outside. Reducing glare is ideal in home theaters and media rooms where annoying glares on a tv screen can disrupt the experience. Solar shades also block UV rays helping to diffuse light, control heat buildup, and even protect furniture.
Why Choose Indoor Solar Shades?
View our Solar Shades Buying Guide
Solar shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Glare Protection: Solar shades significantly reduce glare from the sun and are ideal choices in media rooms and home theaters, or anywhere you spend time watching TV.
- UV Blocking: Solar shades help to block harmful UV rays, protecting furniture and helping to cut down on heat buildup.
- Keep Your View: Solar shades block rays but don’t obstruct your view, allowing you to see outside.
Solar shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your solar shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your solar blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: This option lets you raise or lower your solar shades at the touch of a button, it’s ideal for hard-to-reach windows, households with children and pets, and bedrooms.
- Opacity: This option allows you to choose how much light the indoor solar shades let into a room. Choose from light filtering materials with various percentages of light blocking or go full blackout, ideal in bedrooms and movie rooms.
While indoor solar shades are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Inside mount solar shades must meet a minimum depth requirement to accommodate the mechanism. As a result, inside mount option may experience some light gaps. For a full light blocking installation, consider going with an outside mount.
- Solar blinds with a light filtering fabric will not provide nighttime privacy as the same visibility you get during the day will be reversed at night when lights are on inside the home. For more privacy, consider going with a blackout fabric.
Measuring and Installing Indoor Solar Shades
Our solar blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Solar shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!