A great investment in your home, wood shutters are a classic choice for traditional design. Choose from white, neutral and natural wood tones to match any décor while providing excellent insulation.
Real wood shutters are the premier window treatments in both elegance and durability. As their name suggests, wood shutters are built with genuine wood, improving not just the value of your home but also the curb appeal. The wood louvers are available in a variety of both finishes and stains as well as slat sizes to perfectly match any décor.
Wooden shutters are great for controlling light, noise, and temperature. Louvers are easily adjustable to let in as much or as little light as you want, or swing the shutters open to take full advantage of the window. They also act as excellent insulators, helping to keep your home’s temperature steady as well as reducing noise from the outside. Lastly, wooden shutters have a range of options and upgrades to completely customize how they look and function.
Why Choose Real Wood Shutters?
Wooden Shutters are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Timeless: With their refined style and top-of-the-line construction, wooden shutters have a timeless appeal and add significant value to your home.
- Style: Custom interior shutters can complement nearly any décor or style – choose from a wide variety of colors and styles including whites, neutrals, and natural wood tones.
- Insulating: In addition to making your home more valuable, wood shutters offer excellent insulation and light-control capabilities, which can save money on energy costs.
- In-Home Consultation: Real wood shutters can be one of the tricker window treatments to measure for and install, but with our in-home shutter consultation, you can rest easy knowing everything will be done correctly.
Wooden Shutters are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Frames and Mounts: Wood shutters are available with a variety of mounts and panel configurations. This allows you to customize exactly how you want your shutters to look and function.
- Hidden Tilts: Instead of being in the front, a hidden tilt upgrade moves the control rod to the back of the louvers, so it’s not visible.
- Hinge Colors: In addition to the shutter louvers, you can even customize the hinge colors to ensure matching hardware throughout your home.
- Split Tilt: Adding in a divider rail, split tilt shutters have the ability to open or close at the top or bottom independently of the other.
While wood shutters are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Wooden shutters are made with genuine wood, and therefore prone to warping if exposed to moisture. If you’re looking to cover windows in an area with lots of moisture, such as a bathroom or kitchen, consider matching faux wood shutters to maintain aesthetic while combating warping.
- Shutters are very heavy and can be difficult to install, especially on large windows. If you have any questions, our design consultants are available at 1-800-505-1905 to help find the shutter solution that’s right for you.
Measuring and Installing Wood Shutters
Our wood shutters are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for wooden shutters are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our In-Home Shutter Consultation Services are available in your area!