Dual sheer shades are made from one piece of fabric with alternating translucent and light-filtering or room darkening material stripes. These shades offer a modern look with exceptional light control.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Zebra blinds, also referred to as zebra shades or dual sheer shades, have a unique appearance with alternating bands of translucent and light filtering or room darkening materials, lending to their zebra blind namesake. These shades are made from a single piece of fabric that rolls up and down, overlaying the bands for a modern look and beautiful addition to any room.
Zebra shades roll up into a sleek, cassette headrail that is narrow enough to provide a largely unobstructed view when open. When closed, the alternating bands gently diffuse or reduce the amount of light coming into the room and provide moderate privacy.
Why Choose Zebra Blinds?
Zebra blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Style: Zebra shades have a distinctive, modern style that looks great in any room and uniquely accents any décor.
- Light Control: Dual sheer shades can be ordered with bands of sheer and privacy fabrics, allowing you to control how much light is diffused into a room or blocked.
- Sleek: Zebra blinds roll up into a narrow cassette, providing a largely unobstructed view when open.
Zebra blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your Zebra shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your Zebra blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice if your dual sheer shades are covering a large window.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your zebra shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
While zebra blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Dual sheer shades do not provide complete privacy due to the translucent bands or light filtering bands.
- Their fabric construction is not the most ideal for areas of high humidity such as a bathroom or kitchen. If installing in these areas, consider the distance between the shades and water source, such as a bathtub or sink.
Measuring and Installing Zebra Blinds
Our zebra blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for zebra shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!