Sheer Shades (Horizontal Sheer Shades)
Sheer horizontal shades provide a modern look by combining the functionality of a blind with the beauty of a fabric shade. Sheer shades can be tilted to any angle, giving you control over the amount of light entering the room.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Horizontal sheer shades, also referred to as sheer blinds, combine the functionality of a blind with the soft elegance of a fabric shade for an overall modern look. Similar to blinds, a sheer shade can be tilted to control how much or little light you want entering a room. The fabric material provides light filtering to diffuse light through a room when closed, just like a shade.
Sheer blinds are available in a wide range of colors and fabric options to perfectly match any style in your room. You can also choose between different slat sizes to help match your window depth. The light filtering of sheer shades is great for providing a moderate amount of privacy, though it’s worth noting that silhouettes can still be seen when the light source is coming from the room, at night for example.
Why Choose Sheer Shades?
Sheer shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Style: Sheer blinds have a distinctive, modern look that combines the functionality of a blind with the light filtering of a fabric shade.
- Light Control: Sheer shades come in multiple slat sizes that can be tilted like a blind, allowing you to control how much or little light comes in.
- Light Filtering: Sheer blinds are made with fabric materials that diffuse light into a room like shade while providing a moderate amount of privacy.
Sheer blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your sheer shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your sheer blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice if your sheer shades are covering a large window.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your sheer shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
While sheer blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Sheer blinds do not provide complete privacy due to the light filtering fabric; it may be possible to see silhouettes in a room from the outside, especially at night.
- Their fabric construction is not the most ideal for areas of high humidity such as a bathroom or kitchen. If installing in these areas, consider the distance between the shades and water source, such as a bathtub or sink.
Measuring and Installing Sheer Shades
Our sheer blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for sheer shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!