Pleated shades offer versatility for light control, with the choice of transparent, light-filtering or blackout for maximum control. Choose from a wide variety of colors, patterns and designs to perfectly complement your room.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Pleated shades, sometimes referred to as pleated blinds or accordion blinds, are a very versatile window shade for light control. Available in both 1 and 2 inch pleats, accordion blinds are designed to be functional and flexible to the décor of your room. Pleated shades are available in in colors that range from white or neutral to bold and vibrant, as well as multiple patterns and textures. Pleated blinds are able to block some light and provide privacy by themselves, but can be paired with liners and blackout materials to give you even more control over how much light you allow and privacy you have.
Why Choose Pleated Shades?
View our Pleated Shades Buying Guide
Pleated shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Light Control: Pleated blinds are able to control light when needed. Whether transparent, light filtering, or blackout, they pair well with liners to get the amount of control you need.
- Color Variety: Pleated shades are customizable in a range of colors from neutral to bold with additional designs and textures to match any décor.
- Consistent Pleats: Accordion blinds stay true to their 1 or 2 inch pleats, meaning that every time they’re raised, they perfectly re-pleat.
Pleated shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your pleated shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Top-Down / Bottom-Up Controls: A very popular option that allows your accordion blinds to be raised and lowered in either direction to allow for privacy like that of a café curtain.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your pleated blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. A great choice for larger/heavier shades.
- Motorized Lift: This option lets you raise or lower your pleated shades at the touch of a button, it’s ideal for hard-to-reach windows, and households with children and pets, for media rooms and bedrooms.
While pleated shades are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Privacy liners are available only with cordless lift upgrades and as a single panel only.
- Room darkening liner is not available with cordless or motorized lift.
- Optional fabric liners create a neutral color appearance when viewed from outside.
- Due to the construction of the shades, light will filter through the route holes even with a liner.
- Continuous cord lift is recommended for larger and heavier shades.
Measuring and Installing Pleated Shades
Our pleated blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Pleated shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!