Faux Wood Blinds
Faux wood blinds are amazingly durable, which means they tolerate surface scratches. They are cost-effective and resistant to moisture, making them ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
- check_box Cordless
- view_day Decorative Valances
- invert_colors Moisture Resistant
Why choose faux wood blinds for your home?
Faux wood blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Faux wood blinds are amazingly durable, which means they tolerate scratches and other minor damage well.
- They are moisture resistant, making them the perfect choice for moisture-prone areas of your home (think bathrooms or kitchens).
- They are cost effective! While they can't give ALL the style of real wood blinds, they give you a very close feel at a significantly reduced cost.
What kind of features are available with faux wood window blinds?
Custom window coverings can be upgraded in more ways than just color and style. Here are a few options that are available with faux wood blinds:
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your faux wood blinds and enables the blinds to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Routeless: Want less light? With routeless blinds, your faux wood blinds would not have visible holes for the cord to pass through, meaning more privacy and less light leakage.
- Cloth Tapes: Choose from different styles of fabric to add class to your faux wood blinds. This decorative and stylish upgrade also covers route holes, increases privacy and decreases light leakage.
What are faux wood blinds made out of?
Check out our complete guide on what faux wood blinds are made of to learn about the various materials used to create these beautiful, durable blinds.
Wood vs. faux wood – how to choose?
Faux wood, or the real deal? That will depend on a number of factors. Did you know that wood is lighter than faux wood and therefore better suited for large windows? Or that faux wood blinds are much better for humid environments? To get the full rundown, read our article on how to choose between wood and faux wood blinds.
Are faux wood blinds room darkening?
Slatted blinds will always allow some light into the room, but you can reduce this effect—and achieve a darker room—by choosing certain options. For more info, check out "Are faux wood blinds room darkening?" on our blog.
Are faux wood blinds energy efficient?
Faux wood blinds are not particularly energy efficient compared to some other window treatments. In general, faux wood and other slatted blinds are more effective at keeping heat out in the summer than preventing heat loss in the winter.
If energy efficiency is a major concern, many styles of shades offer superior insulation, especially cellular shades.
Are faux wood blinds easy to clean?
Yes! A simple wipe-down with a dry or wet cloth will usually do the trick. And it’s even easier with a specialized cleaning tool—check out our article on how to clean faux wood blinds the easy way!
How to install faux wood blinds?
Blinds installation may seem like a daunting task, but it’s easier than you think. Follow our step-by-step guide on how to install faux wood blinds to mount your blinds like a pro!