Mini blinds - or aluminum blinds - are a low-cost option with full functionality. They're easy to operate, clean, and customize - they're also some of the lightest blinds available and fit in most windows!
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Mini blinds, sometime referred to as aluminum blinds or metal blinds, are not only durable but a very cost effective window treatment. However, their low cost does not mean they are a less ideal choice; mini blinds are very easy to customize, operate, and clean. They are also very lightweight and able to fit in almost any window.
With their thinner profile, aluminum blinds are an ideal solution to cover windows with a very shallow mounting depth or even doors with glass. Aluminum, being a lightweight metal, makes mini blinds very easy to operate. Slat sizes can come as small as 1 inch so they work well in very small windows. Their slats also allow for tilt controls to adjust how much light is let into a room.
Why Choose Aluminum Mini Blinds?
Mini blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Low Cost: Mini blinds are a very low cost option that allow you to bring functionality to and privacy while staying on a budget.
- Functionality: Aluminum blinds are incredibly easy to operate thanks to their lightweight construction, not just for raising and lowering but also when adjusting the tilt of the slats.
- Light Control: Thanks to their slats, mini blinds allow for easy light control, using a wand tilt to let in as much or as little light as you want.
- Easy to Clean: Aluminum blinds are amazingly simple to clean and maintain, meaning they can remain looking brand new with minimal effort.
- Thin: Mini blinds have a very thin profile, making them excellent choices for doors and windows with a shallow mounting depth.
Mini blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your aluminum blinds and enables the blinds to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Motorized Lift: With a motorized lift upgrade, your mini blinds can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper to accent your blinds. Some Mini blinds feature fabric-wrapped wooden headrails at the top of the shade, or decorative trim at the bottom.
- Hold Down Brackets: This upgrade allows you to secure your aluminum blinds at the bottom. Especially useful on doors to prevent the blinds from swinging out when the door is used.
While Mini blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Aluminum blinds take advantage of function over form. While affordable and very useful, if you are looking for a more decorative or stylish option there are better solutions.
- The simple design of mini blinds means there is less variety in the customization process.
- While the small slats are great for small windows, aluminum blinds may not be the best option when paired with large ones. The small slats can make the larger window look busy.
Measuring and Installing Aluminum Mini Blinds
Our aluminum blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Mini blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!