Interior wood and faux wood shutters are a favorite among homeowners for their classic elegance and insulating properties. Choose from a variety of finishes to match your décor - and make a great investment in your home!
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Interior Shutters are one of the most sought-after choices in window treatments. Available with both wood and faux wood options, shutters are one of the few window coverings that can add value to your home. This is thanks to their craftsmanship as well as the style they add from inside your home and to the street view.
Beyond appearance and the investment they provide for your home, shutters are great for controlling light, noise, and temperature. They also have a range of options and upgrades to completely customize how your shutters look and function.
Why Choose Interior Shutters?
Shutters are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Timeless: With their refined style and top-of-the-line construction, shutters have a timeless appeal and add significant value to your home. Interior shutters are installed as a long-lasting fixture in the home, with a lifespan of up to 20 years.
- Style: Custom interior shutters can complement nearly any décor or style – choose from a wide variety of colors and styles including whites, neutrals, and natural wood tones.
- Insulating: In addition to making your home more valuable, wood and faux wood shutters offer excellent insulation and light-control capabilities, which can save money on energy costs.
- In-Home Consultation: Shutters can be one of the tricker window treatments to measure for and install, but with our in-home shutter consultation, you can rest easy knowing everything will be done correctly.
Shutters are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Frames and Mounts: Interior shutters are available with a variety of mounts and panel configurations. This allows you to customize exactly how you want your shutters to look and function.
- Hidden Tilts: Instead of being in the front, a hidden tilt upgrade moves the control rod to the back of the louvers, so it’s not visible.
- Hinge Colors: In addition to the shutter louvers, you can even customize the hinge colors to ensure matching hardware throughout your home.
- Split Tilt: Adding in a divider rail, split tilt shutters have the ability to open or close at the top or bottom independently of the other.
While shutters are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Wood shutters are built using real wood, and therefore subject to warping from heat and moisture. If choosing wood shutters, consider faux wood shutters in areas such as the bathroom or kitchen; you can order them in a similar appearance with added durability.
- Interior shutters made with real wood can be costly. For a more cost-conscious option, consider faux wood.
- Shutters are very heavy and can be difficult to install, especially on large windows. If you have any questions, our design consultants are available at 1-800-505-1905 to help find the shutter solution that’s right for you.
Measuring and Installing Interior Shutters
Our shutters are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for shutters are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our In-Home Shutter Consultation Services are available in your area!