Wood Blinds Features
Wood blinds offer high-end style for the home, without the expensive cost commonly associated with wood shutters. One of the most appealing factors of wood blinds is the wide selection of premium stains and paints. Whether you want a rich woodgrain or a softer white or neutral finish, our selection can help you match any style.
A variety of slat sizes allow you to match your wood blinds to any size window. The slats on wood blinds can be tilted open and closed for light control and privacy. With the slats open, you’ll still have a great view out.
Wood Blinds Upgrades
Interested in upgrading your wood blinds? Consider these optional features for further customization:
- Cordless Lift: This popular feature upgrades your wood blinds with a hidden control system, eliminating unsightly cords and enables your wood blinds to be easily raised or lowered.
- Rounded Corners: This small upgrade changes the cut of the slats. Rounded corners add a subtle design touch to your wood blinds and make the edges look more finished.
- Routeless: With routeless blinds, your wood blinds will not have visible holes for the cords to pass through, which gives you more light blockage and privacy. This upgrade is not ideal for outside mount wood blinds.
- Continuous Cord Loop: This upgrade secures your wood blinds cord to the wall or window frame, allowing you to easily raise or lower your blinds by pulling the loop cord in either direction. This is a great option if your wood blinds are covering a large window, since it distributes the weight to make the blinds easier to lift.
- Cloth Tapes: Choose from different fabric styles to add a stylish flair to your wood blinds. You can also use cloth tapes to cover route holes, increasing light blockage and privacy.
- Valances and Cornices: These can accent your wood blinds with a stylish topper.
Wood Blinds Considerations
- Wood blinds are not ideal for the kitchen or bathroom – natural wood can absorb moisture and heat over time, which can cause warping. Consider faux wood blinds instead for these rooms to match the appearance and increase durability.
- Due to their thicker slats, wood blinds can obstruct your view when fully raised. The raised blinds can create a large stack at the top of your window.