How to Measure for Arches
Arched windows may seem difficult to measure, but with the information below you’ll find it to be an easy task. There are several styles of arched window, and measuring guidelines vary somewhat between styles. If your style is not listed below, call 800-505-1905 and one of our design experts will help you get the right measurements!
Helpful Hints Before You Begin Measuring for Arches:
- For the most accurate measurements, only use a steel tape measure.
- Don’t mix up width and height measurements. Always follow the width by height format (W x H) and mark them as such.
- Measure to the nearest 1/8 inch. Never round up or down to the nearest half or whole inch.
- If you’re measuring for more than one window, measure each one individually – never assume that your windows are the same size, even if they may look alike.
- Cellular (honeycomb) shades and pleated shades: Side mounts are upon request only and are not available for arches wider than 40”.
- Minimum window opening depth for inside mount is 1 ½”; if you want your window covering fully recessed (not sticking out of the window opening at all), minimum depth is 2 ¼”.
- Make sure you have a good mounting surface at the base of the arch as most arches are bottom mount only.