Plantation Shutter Features
Plantation shutters come in a variety of gorgeous finishes and feature beautiful slats — sometimes called louvers. Thanks to their appearance and craftsmanship, plantation shutters are the only window treatments that can add value to your home. Their custom appearance looks just as attractive from the outside, giving your home stylish curb appeal. Plantation shutters create a picturesque view whether they are opened or closed.
Wood or faux wood slats on plantation shutters come in a variety of sizes. Large, bold slats provide a clearer view outside, while smaller slats give you a charming cottage feel.
Faux wood shutters can also make your home more energy-efficient. These window treatments are excellent insulators. When the louvers are closed, the snug fit and sturdy construction can save you money in both the summer and winter.
Plantation Shutter Upgrades
Interested in upgrading your plantation shutters? Consider these optional features for further customization:
- Frames and Mounts: Choose from a variety of mounts and panel configurations to have your shutters look and function exactly how you want.
- Hidden Tilts: This upgrade moves the tilt rod to the back of the louvers so it’s not visible.
- Hinge Colors: Customize your hinge colors to match other hardware in your home.
- Split Tilt: Allows you to open the top of the shutter while the bottom stays closed, or vice-versa through the divider rail.
Plantation Shutter Considerations
- Plantation shutters can be affected by heat and moisture. Genuine wood can warp with moisture, so they’re not recommended for areas like kitchens or bathrooms. Consider faux wood shutters for a similar appearance with increased durability.
- Wood shutters can become costly. If price is a concern, consider faux wood shutters instead.
- Plantation shutters are some of the heaviest window treatments, especially if they’re covering a large window. Installation can be difficult due to their size and tricky configuration. If you have any questions about installation, give our experts a call at 800-505-1905. Shipping restrictions may apply, due to the weight of plantation shutters.