Cellular Shades (Honeycomb Shades)
Provides great style and easy operation on a budget. Their excellent light control and insulating properties make them one of the most popular window treatments available.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Cellular shades, also referred to as honeycomb shades, are some of our most popular window treatments. Honeycomb shades are a great mix of style and easy operation that is a cost effective. They are available in a wide variety of styles and colors, easily customizable to match any décor in your home.
Cellular shades also excel when it comes to light filtering. A range of light filtering options are available to control how much diffused light is let into a room when the shades are closed. You can also select a full blackout option to eliminate light entirely, ideal for bedrooms or movie rooms.
Why Choose Cellular Shades?
View our Cellular Shades Buying Guide
Cellular shades are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Stylish: Cellular shades are a great modern décor choice to elegantly finish a room while still being cost-effective.
- Insulating: The pleated pocket design of honeycomb shade fabrics means they are a great choice as insulating window treatments. Cell shades insulate well against both the heat and the cold.
- Light Filtering: Great for diffusing or blocking light entirely, you can order honeycomb shades in a range of light
filtering options to blackout.
Cellular shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular feature upgrades your cellular shades with a hidden control system, eliminating unsightly cords and enabling your cellular shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger. A popular option for homes with children or pets.
- Continuous Cord Loop: This upgrade secures your cellular shade’s cord to the wall or window frame, allowing you to easily raise or lower your shades by pulling the loop cord in either direction. This is a great option if your cellular shades are covering a tall or wide window.
- Motorization: The easiest operation option of all! Raise and lower your honeycomb shades with the push of a button.
- Top Down / Bottom Up: This upgrade allows you to raise your cellular shades from the bottom or lower from the top. Available as corded or cordless.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper that accents the shades for an extra touch.
While cellular shades are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Cellular shades do not have tilting slats to allow for light adjustment, which limits the flexibility of available light control.
- Honeycomb shades can absorb moisture and odors, so they aren’t recommended for areas such as a kitchen or bathroom. They can still be a viable choice but consider where they will be installed and ensure there is sufficient distance from showers, sinks, and stoves.
Measuring and Installing Cellular Shades
Our cellular shades are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for cellular shades are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!