Is it fair to say that every kid dreams about having a window seat that they can use as a secret hideout? Heck, what adult doesn't want to curl up in one with a book and a cup of tea?
Whether your home already has a window seat, or you're thinking of adding one, you might wonder what window coverings will work best. Well, you've come to the right place!
Considerations When Buying Window Blinds for a Window Seat
- Because people will be sitting against this window, consider a treatment that's soft enough or durable enough to lean against. This is especially important in window seats that have glass on 3 sides. We recommend Roman Shades, Woven Wood Shades or Roller Shades for softness, and Shutters for durability.
- We don't recommend Wood Blinds, Faux Wood Blinds or Cellular Shades for window seats as they may be damaged if people lean against them.
- For a true victorian library feel, consider mounting curtains outside the window opening which can be closed to create a cozy hideaway.
- To make shades easier to open in a deep window, consider a cordless or motorized lift. Plus, these options make shades safer for kids with no exposed cords that little ones could be tempted to play with.
- If you have young kids at home, also consider an option like vinyl roller shades or solar shades, which can be wiped down for easy cleaning. And don't forget the cordless lift for safety!
- If your window seat has a cushion or bench, consider choosing a Roman Shade or Roller Shade in a coordinating fabric. Plus, some shades are available with coordinating pillows. Speak with our designers to find out about this custom option. \
- If your window seat functions as a plant haven, consider Solar Shades which will let in lots of light, but block heat and glare.
Best Window Treatments for Window Seats
Window Seats With Roman Shades
Window Seats With Woven Wood Shades
Window Seats with Roller and Solar Shades
Window Seats with Sheer Shades
Window Seats with Wood Blinds and Faux Wood Blinds
Want Help Finding the Perfect Window Treatments for Your Window Seat?
Get free help from Blinds.com designers at 800-505-1905 or by live chat.