Wood blinds are a superb choice to give your room a sophisticated look without the cost of wood shutters. They're durable and gorgeous, with a variety of upgrades available to make them a perfect fit for your home.
- Top Rated
- Price Low-High
- Price High-Low
Add to your order at checkout with just one click!How it works
Wooden blinds are an ideal choice to give any room an elegant look without the additional cost of wood shutters. Real wood blinds are not only durable, they have a wide range of customization options, so you get the perfect blind to compliment your décor and your functional needs.
Wood blinds are available in many different stain and paint options. Since the slats are real wood, you can choose a stained wood grain to match trim, furniture or floors; or a neutral paint color. A range of slat sizes allows you to choose a proportional look for your window scale and effect the level of light control and privacy.
Why Choose Wood blinds?
Wood blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- High Quality: Wood blinds are made from high quality real wood, making them both durable and gorgeous.
- Classic Alternative: When you choose a large slat size like 2.5”, wooden blinds are a great alternative to wood shutters. They offer the same sophisticated look of real wood without the additional cost.
- Customization: Wood blinds are available with a range of customization options. Slat sizes, wood grain, stains, and paint colors are all available to mix and match to fit your décor.
Wood blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: This popular upgrade allows you to operate your wood blinds with a hidden control system. No visible cords and easy operation; raise and lower the blinds with the push of a button!
- Rounded Corners: A subtle upgrade, choosing to round the corners of the blinds slats makes the edges look more finished.
- Routeless: Routeless blinds means the slats will not have visible holes for the cords to pass through. That means more light blockage and privacy. However, this is not an ideal upgrade for outside mount wooden blinds.
- Continuous Cord Loop: An additional upgrade to secure the cords of the wood blinds to the wall or window frame. Ideal for large windows as it evenly distributes the weight and allows for easier operation.
- Cloth Tapes: A range of different fabric styles are available to add a stylish flair to your wooden blinds. These cloth tapes can also be used to cover route holes for added privacy and light blockage.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper that accents the blinds for an extra touch.
While wood blinds are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Wooden blinds are made with real wood, which is prone to warping from moisture absorption. Consider faux wood blinds that match in areas such as the bathroom or above a kitchen sink.
- Wood blinds have thicker slats that can partially obstruct your view when fully raised. Consider the window and the stack created when these are fully raised.
Measuring and Installing Wood blinds
Our wood blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for wood blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!