How to Measure for Cellular Shades
Blinds.com knows that the perfect fit for a beautiful new window treatment all starts with an accurate measurement. If you’re planning a DIY window treatment project, our How to Measure Cellular Shades guide makes measuring easy!
What You Will Need
- Steel Tape Measure
- Step Ladder (if necessary)
- Blinds.com Measuring Worksheet
Helpful Hints Before You Begin Measuring for Cellular Shades:
- For the most accurate measurements, only use a steel tape measure.
- Don’t mix up width and height measurements. Always follow the width by height format (W x H) and mark them as such.
- Measure down to the nearest 1/8 inch.
- If you’re measuring for more than one window, measure each one individually – never assume that your windows are the same size, even if they may look alike.
Get Professional Help
We have professionals waiting to help you with both measuring and installation. Click below or call us at 800.935.7028 to find a local professional.