Blackout Cellular Shade
Blinds.com’s Blackout Cellular Shades are our best-selling blackout cell shades. Their ability to completely block out external light makes them ideal for day sleepers, as well as a great choice for media rooms.
Want Professional Measuring & Installation?
Find a Pro
Small Double Cell 3/8"
- No Sample
Small Single Cell 3/8"
Large Single Cell 3/4"
Large Double Cell 3/4"
Blinds.com’s Blackout Cellular Shades are our best-selling blackout cell shades. Their ability to completely block out external light makes them ideal for day sleepers, as well as a great choice for media rooms. These insulating shades feature air-trapping honeycomb cells that repel summer heat and winter cold alike. The result is year-round comfort and lowered energy bills.
Our Blackout Cellular Shades are available in both single and double cell constructions, including our unique, larger scale XL choices. When raised, these shades stack compactly, giving you a clear, unobstructed view. Made from a high-quality, fray-proof polyester fabric, Blackout Cellular Shades are treated to be stain-resistant and anti-static. This ensures long-lasting good looks and reduced dust build-up.
This product is available in a wide range of colors and patterns. All are white-backed, which ensures a uniform appearance from the street.
12 - 15 Minutes
For large windows,the continuous cord loop or SmartRelease lift options enables larger shades to operate more smoothly and effortlessly.
Top-down/bottom-up lets you choose whether light enters from below or up above. ClearFit similarly offers a top-down/bottom-up solution, but one that is free of exposed cords (this option comes with white rails only).
Cordless eliminates hassle and makes this window treatment safer for kids.
Double-cell shades offer better insulation for older windows than single cells and are recommended for climates with extreme heat or cold.
For custom light control, choose the Day/Night option which adds a full shade made of sheer shade fabric above the blackout shade fabric you choose.
Inside mounted cellular shades will have a vertical light gap on the edges of the shade of up to 1/4” per side. If you need complete light blockage, consider ordering Light Blockers.
XL Single Cell and Large Double Cell colors are only available with the upgraded cordless lift options.
- Click here to see other products that are available in many of the same materials.
Child Safety Information
This product can be made safer for places where children and pets may be present, with the selection of the Cordless upgrade, with the exception of cordless top down/bottom up. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible, and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present.
With the assurance of the Blinds.com Warranty, you can trust that this product will last and provide added value and beauty to your home.
With SureFit™, a Blinds.com exclusive, we make sure you have complete peace of mind when measuring for any product we offer.
If you made a mistake measuring your blind, we'll remake it at no cost to you. You don't even pay for the return shipping of your old blind! You only pay if there's a difference in price between your old and new blind, or if the new blind requires a shipping fee (generally, this applies when it's over 94" wide).Important Disclaimer:
- Limit 1 remake per item; 4 item remakes per household per lifetime (unless the error is ours, in which case, we'll make it right!).
- Same-product exchanges only, within 30 calendar days of receipt of package.
- Changes are restricted to size and mount only.
- Refunds are not offered under this guarantee.
- Commercial orders: any order containing 25 or more of the same product, of tax exempt status, or containing any Blinds.com Commercial brand product.
- Any product ordered outside our recommended sizes or specifications, which can be found on the product page.
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 9"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Minimum Height: 10"
- Maximum Height: 144"
- Approximate Vertical Light Gap: 1/8" each side
- Color-coordinated rail colors
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (XL and Large fabrics):1 5/16"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed XL and Large fabrics):2 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Depth (Cordless & Continuous Cord Loop): 1 5/8"
- Minimum Inside Flush Mount (Cordless & Continuous Cord Loop): 2 3/8"
- Minimum Inside Depth (Cordless TDBU): 1 7/16"
- Minimum Inside Flush Mount (Cordless TDBU): 2 5/16"
- Minimum Inside Depth (ClearFit): 5/8"
- Minimum Inside Flush Mount (ClearFit):1 3/8"
Origin of Production