Panel Track Blinds (Sliding Panels)
Sliding panels are a fashion-forward alternative to vertical blinds. Make a bold statement with natural woven wood or solar shade material.
Panel Track Blinds
Panel track blinds, or sliding panel blinds, are a modern blind that pairs well with larger windows or sliding patio doors. As a fashion forward alternative to vertical blinds, sliding panel blinds are larger panels that slide open and closed. Similar to a vertical blind, you have options on where your want the panel track blinds to stack when fully open; left, right, or center.
Panel track blinds are available in a range of styles and colors from natural woven wood or bamboo to solar shade materials. Since sliding panel blinds are typically installed on sliding doors, they will see lots of use and traffic moving in and out. The solar shade and wood materials used in their construction are perfect for this, able to withstand wear and tear from frequent use.
Why Choose Panel Track Blinds?
Panel track blinds are the perfect choice for many rooms and styles. Here's why:
- Popular Alternative: A popular option for large windows and sliding glass doors, panel track blinds are a fashion-forward vertical blind alternative.
- Light Filtering: That materials used in both woven wood and solar shade constructions are great for filtering out some light that enters the room when closed.
- Maintain View: Depending on your choice, some sliding panel blinds allow you to see out of even when closed, allowing you to maintain your view of the outside.
Panel track blinds are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Custom Cornices: Sliding panel blinds have beautiful top options to fully coordinate the window treatment with your room.
- Stack Placement: Choose how you want to close your panel track blinds: you can do either side, split down the center, and pull to both sides or close to the center.
While panel track blinds are a great option for large window coverings and sliding patio doors, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Panel track blinds have a guided track system similar to vertical blinds, so they require more mounting depth than most blinds. Always check the minimum depth requirements for your blinds before purchasing.
- Panel track blinds can look strange on small windows – they’re much better proportioned for large windows, sliding glass, or patio doors.
Measuring and Installing Panel track blinds
Our panel track blinds are all customized and built to your specifications and can be installed by anyone going down the DIY route. However, you are not alone! Our guides on How to Measure and How to Install for sliding panel blinds are full of the information you need to tackle the project yourself and be confident in your choices. In addition, we have in-house design consultants available to discuss your project and any questions you may have. They are only a phone call away at 1-800-505-1905.
Not sure if you want to do it yourself? See if our Professional Measure and Install services are available in your area!